What am I doing now?
- floating around in the aether
- researching the epistemology and history of text
- teaching Big Ideas in Computing and Information, a first-year introduction to programming and computational thinking, at the University of Pittsburgh
- being righteously angry about racism and white supremacy
- building websites, software, and media for Trevian International
- trying to wake up earlier and more consistently
- picking up fingerstyle folk guitar
- learning Russian
- getting back into yoga
- improving my home coffee setup
- baking bread, thanks to Ken Forkish's book
- staying inside as much as possible, and wearing a mask whenever I go out
What am I reading?
I just finished Uncanny Valley, Anna Weiner's brilliant outsider perspective on tech culture. I'm currently reading Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami, How To Be An Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi, Russian Stories: A Dual-Language Book, ed. Gleb Struve, Playing Changes: Jazz for the New Century by Nate Chinen, and The Color of Law by Richard Rothstein.
What am I listening to?
The new Jayhawks record, XOXO. Brian Eno's ambient stuff, especially Music for Airports. Big Thief, a lot of Big Thief. Mark Turner. JPEGMAFIA's live performances and Veteran album. CSNY's live stuff. Richie Havens' Live at The Cellar Door. Djohariah by Sufjan Stevens. This month's playlist. A recent collaborative playlist with my friend Emily focusing on super-long songs.
What am I watching?
Boston Legal. Yes, Minister. Do The Right Thing. The recently-expanded Czech New Wave selections on the Criterion Channel.